The BLS Instructor Essentials Course teaches information needed to instruct AHA's BLS for Healthcare Providers and Heartsaver® classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and skills testing sessions for BLS for Healthcare Providers and Heartsaver eLearning courses. These courses include:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1
- HeartCode® BLS Part 1
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver® CPR AED
- Heartsaver® First Aid
- Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Online Part 1
- Heartsaver® CPR AED Online Part 1
- Heartsaver® First Aid Online Part 1
BLS Instructor Essentials covers planning and preparation for courses, instructing courses, conducting written exams and skills testing and keeping your BLS Instructor status current. It includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information.
The online course is the first step to becomming a BLS Instructor with NLTFPD.
- Read the directions in your confirmation email and activate your online course using the key code provided
- Instructor cards will be provided at the conclusion of your course monitoring.